So I realized I never gave anyone the address to our new blog. It's devonandstacey.blogspot.com Anyone who sent me a FB message or left a comment should have been added to the permissions list to see the blog. Let me know if it doesn't work for you :)
There's a lot of changes going on in my life, one of which is I got engaged to Devon :) We're getting married in August, so I decided to create a new blog for both of us to share. It is going to be a private blog. As a result, if you'd like to be invited to read our blog please leave me a comment with your e-mail, or you can send it to me in a message via facebook if you'd prefer. See you there!
PS the first entry is our engagement story, it's a good one!
Devon will be here on Saturday! Finally! I haven't seen him in almost 7 weeks. Time is seriously dragging though so I'm trying to find ways to pass the time...here's a survey for your pleasure.
1. What time did you get up this morning? I finally rolled out of bed at like 10:30 (I love days off, but I was awake way before this)
2. How do you like your steak? Medium, I like it pink in the middle
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? How Do You Know
4. What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? North Carolina, it's so beautiful!
6. What did you have for breakfast? Ben and Jerry's Late Night Snack Ice cream. It's so good, vanilla bean ice cream, salted caramel swirl, and chocolate covered potato chips. Try it...and this only counts as breakfast because it's the only thing I ate before having dinner :)
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Americanized Italian. 8. What foods do you dislike? Tomatoes and seafood.
9. Favorite place to eat? Carabbas or Melting Pot
10. Favorite dressing? Thousand Island (who names salad dressings anyway?)
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? 2007 Marine Blue Pearl PT Cruiser named Kipper
12. What are your favorite clothes? Oh hands down my boyfriend fit sweatpants from Pink/Victorias Secret! I have 3 pairs and I instantly put one pair on every day when I get off of work.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? New York City
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full
15. Where would you want to retire? Hmmm no clue.
16. Favorite time of day? Night time when I'm just relaxing.
17. Where were you born? Milwaukee, WI
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football
22. Bird watcher? am I an 80 year old grandma?
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? definitely a night person.
24. Do you have any pets? no, just a puppy i get to puppy-sit, yay Dino!
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? stay tuned my friends...stay tuned...
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Teacher
27. What is your best childhood memory? our family vacations, or playing baseball in our backyard.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? dog
29. Are you married? Nope
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes, always
31. Been in a car accident? just like tiny fender benders.
32. Any pet peeves? people chewing on ice, the song Jar of Hearts (nails on the chalkboard is what it sounds like).
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pepperoni and pineapple (try it, you'll like it)
34. Favorite Flower? peonies and gerbera daisies
35. Favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerrys Late Night Snack
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Sonic as far as drinks and treats go, Quiznos for actual food.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? zero I passed it the first time.
38. From whom did you get your last email? from White House Black Market. I love that store and spend waaay too much money there. But after you spend $300 you're a lifetime member and you get 5% off always, which is easy to do since their sweaters will set you back $100 bucks and their dresses are like $200
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? hmmm probably J Crew.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Anna and I had a "rave" while at work to the new CD they play at work. I gotta get some glow sticks! And this is totally a joke, we were dead and our new work CD has a lot of techno songs on it ha ha.
41. Like your job? Yes I do!
42. Broccoli? It's my fav veggie so long as it's cooked.
43. What was your favorite vacation? The times I went to Disney World.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My mom and Liz.
45. What are you listening to right now? Forget You by Cee Lo. I adore this song, and I'm so happy it's on our new Aeropostale CD we play in the store.
46. What is your favorite color? Aqua, Red, and buttercream yellow.
47. How many tattoos do you have? None
50. Coffee drinker? No, caffeine and I aren't compatable anymore. It makes me so tired, so I cut out all coffee and caffeine.
I realized I never blogged about my trip to NC that took place a few weeks ago! It was a blast! Here's the rundown:
Thursday: I flew from Milwaukee, to Atlanta, and then on to Charlotte. It was such a short flight compared to when I would fly to Vegas! It took like 2 seconds! I got into Charlotte around midnight so Devon and I just grabbed some food and went to bed (well he slept on the couch ha ha I had the bed).
Friday: Devon had class until 1ish so I lounged around until he got home. We then went to the mall to get Chick-fil-a for lunch!! I love Chick-fil-a but there aren't any around where I live. We browsed the mall for a while and then decided to see a movie. The movie we picked ended up being at the discount theatre and it was totally 80's decor. It had black and white tile floors and some super awesome green and purple walls. The tickets were 2 bucks each, super cheap right? That was until we got 2 sodas and a popcorn which cost us $15!! Yuck! The rest of the night we just stayed up playing card games (since that's our thing) and talking.
Saturday: woo hoo! More mall shopping! Really exciting for me in a variety of ways :) We bought a new game and came home and played it and other card games all night while watching Season 1 of How I Met Your Mother. We're both addicted to that show. It also was our 5 year anniversary of our first date, so we celebrated by eating Jack in the Box tacos and churros. We're classy I know.
Sunday: We spent the morning lounging around and Devon played the guitar for me while I was getting ready. It was so cute!! Unfortunately Devon's church is at 2:30!! How gross is that? 2:30-5:30 church and it was fast sunday, yuck. It actually was a really good, and I learned a lot, and was humbled a lot too. Everyone was super nice! That night was the SUPER BOWL!! It was so fun to watch considering the PACKERS WON! Booyah! My team rocks!! It was so good to rub that in Devon's face in person. We spent the rest of the night playing games and we ended up staying up til 4:30 am playing the question game. It was so fun!
Monday: I had to leave this day, but not until 6pm. Devon had class til 3, so I spent the morning cleaning his place for him and hiding little love notes all over. I also stocked his fridge with ice cream and bought cleaning supplies since he had none. I'm such a good girlfriend ha ha.
It was a fast trip, but I so love North Carolina. So much so that I'm probably moving there this summer :) maybe...hopefully...we'll see. I was dumb and didn't take any pictures on my trip but here is one I did take with my cell phone. Notice how Devon was trying to be anti-packers during the superbowl by wearing a Raiders t-shirt, even though they didn't even play in the game, while I'm wearing my Aaron Rodgers jersey with pride! (and blogger keeps putting this upside down even though its right side up on my computer)
Oh and my brother and Liz got back their wedding pictures and this one is my absolute fave, I have such a cute family:
This post is extremely random and pointless, but I was sitting here and realized that tomorrow (in 6 minutes actually) is my 5 month-a-versary with Devon. We decided to count the day that we both told each other we still loved the other person as the day we got back together, even though it wasn't really "official" until September when he came out here. I seriously can't believe it's been 5 months! Time has flown and it has been amazing, but it's also hard to be so far apart. Right now as I type this Devon is driving across the country from Utah, to Mississippi to spend a week with his brother, and then onto law school in Charlotte. He starts on the 26th! It's 1600 miles from here to Cedar City, UT, whereas it's only 900 miles from here to Charlotte. Definitely a major improvement, but still not quite close enough.
I do get to go to Charlotte in less than a month, and I have never been there before! Everyone I talk to LOVES it, so I'm definitely excited for the trip. I'm also excited because that's the weekend of not only our 6 month-a-versary but also the Super Bowl! The funny thing is that our first date waaaaay back in 2005 was watching the Super Bowl! It's weird how things come full circle!