Monday, January 11, 2010

Why hello 2010...

I've been a really bad blogger lately, but it seems most people have been lately. I blame the hustle and bustle of the holidays and what not. I know I never finished blogging about my Utah/Vegas trip, and I still haven't gotten started on those projects that I talked about in my last post. I have, however, decided on my motto for the year. I actually found it today, and I decided to throw all of my resolutions (you know, lose weight, save money, etc...) out of the window and just focus on one quote for the new year. It is:


"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." -anonymous


I am focusing on that for this year because I truly feel that if I focus on that quote everything else will fall into place. I do have to lose weight though because in December I will be sporting this dress (in navy blue, and the other color of the wedding is silver so we'll have silver accessories):

My brother proposed to his girlfriend in the early part of December. They are getting married December 4, 2010 and I get to be the maid of honor. My dad is the best man, which means I get to walk down the aisle with my daddy and it isn't even my own wedding. I am so beyond excited, but I am in no shape to be sporting this lovely strapless gown. You can bet that after the wedding I'm going to be making this into a tea length gown to wear for other occasions, so I want it to be the size that I want to be permanently.

But I'm not making a resolution to lose weight...

1 comment:

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Yay! It's good to hear from you again! I have been a bad blogger lately too, so I know how that goes! Hope 2010 rocks your socks!