Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My school district hates itself...

So I thought this was amusing and quite sums up the stupidity of the job market right now.

I applied to be a secretary at the IQ Academy of the School District of Waukesha, which happens to be the school district I graduated from (go Waukesha West!). The qualifications were a high school diploma and a year of clerical experience (which I have, plus 3 years of clerical experience). I got an e-mail today saying that they didn't feel I was qualified enough for the position.

So basically what they're saying is my high school diploma earned from the Waukesha School District (I had like a 3.8 GPA so its not like I was a bad student) does not qualify me to work for the Waukesha School District...

Nice. Way to have faith in the education you're pimping out...


In reality I realize I'm overqualified seeing as I have 2 college degrees as well, but legally they can't say you're over qualified. I still got a good chuckle out of this though.

No comments: