Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sad Day...

So today we got a phone call from my Aunt that my Uncle Bob (my dad's older brother) passed away. Now I haven't seen my Uncle Bob since I was 14 or so, but it still was sad to see my small family get even smaller. It's even more sad to think that out of my Dad's 4 siblings, only one is still alive, plus his parents have both passed away as well. I can't imagine what that would be like, and I really feel bad for him. I know it has been a while since my Dad got to see my Uncle Bob because he lives in the middle of Minnesota (like 8 or 9 hours away) and its really in the middle of nowhere. Apparently he had a heart attack and they were trying to take him by ambulance to Minneapolis but they couldn't keep him alive.

It's weird too to think that my family is getting smaller. Like one day Brian and I were talking about the size of our families, and he has like 70 people if you count his immediate family plus aunts, uncles, grandmas, first cousins, and their spouses. I have like 30 but I think that includes a second cousin or two. I sometimes wish I had a big family where we had huge get togethers and what not, but my family just really isn't like that. Then again those with big families sometimes wish that they had smaller families so its one of those "want what you don't have" type thing.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. That is really sad for your family.

Wila (aka Ali) said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! I have a small family too, so I know how that feels...I've always wanted that crazy big family the have in the movies. My thoughts are with you!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Oh I'm sorry! It is always hard to loose a family member, regardless of how close you may have been with them. We will keep our prayers with you and your family!

Lindsey said...

I'm hugging you from afar Stacey! I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.
I love having my small family, and Steve's big family... it's all kinds of fun dynamics. :)