Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another fitness tool

I'm not going to lie, I really like playing my wii, and Brian and I play wii regularly. So when new things and new games come out I always want to buy them, but I refrain cause they're so expensive. We bought a Wii fit last summer and it was fun for a while, but I never found that it was much of a work out because you would always have to stop between things, and the exercises they do have got kind of boring after a while. When the EA Active game set came out I was intrigued, but I wasn't planning on getting it because I figured it was just another Wii fit type thing. Well today we happened to come across one at Sears, so we grabbed it and decided to bring it home, read some reviews online, and then decide if we wanted to open it. The reviews pretty much averaged out to be an 8.5 out of 10, and mostly the reviews gave it lower points not for content, but for the music and graphics.



I decided to keep it, and I am so glad I did! It really is quite a work out and that was on the easiest level. There is a 30 day fitness challenge and today I did the first day. It was full of boxing, running, walking, bicep curls (you use resistance bands for this), inline skating using the wii fit board, and lunges. It repeated each exercise at least twice and it was a nice little work out. I also really like how it seamlessly goes from one exercise to the other without you making choose what you want to do next. Although you can create custom workouts if you wanted. I would definitely do some cardio on my own because the running and walking isn't the greatest on here, but really how much can running and walking in place really do for you. I also wish that it had a weigh in feature like on Wii fit, but seeing that you don't have to have the wii fit balance board to use this program, I guess they didn't make it an option. Good thing I weigh myself regularly anyway :) I highly recommend this to anyone who has a Wii and is working on their fitness :)

2 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

Cool... That sounds fun! I should have gotten this for my birthday to help with all this baby weight. :) I'll have to look into it... Thanks Stacey! :)

Heidi said...

Way to go! I've been curious about how it compares to Wii fit, I love to play Wii fit, but just like you, I feel it is never a workout.