Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yet another reason why I love Wisconsin...

So right now I'm sitting in my living room enjoying the weather. Why you may ask? Well we're in the middle of a tornado warning including tornado sirens going off outside. That means a tornado has been sighted in the area. And rain, well those of you Southern Utah folk probably don't understand Wisconsin rain. We're talking flash floods where cars are getting stuck in our street because the rain has come down so hard and so fast.

My mom and I were grocery shopping, it was sunny when we went in, and then about an hour later I realized there were hardly any people left in the store. We checked out and realized why, major downpour, lightning hitting the parking lot, and HUGE thunder booms. Right after we stepped outside the door (running in the rain and getting drenched from head to toe...seriously it was like I jumped in a pool) the power went out all over the city. Driving home was the best, it was like being on a water ride ha ha.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to enjoying my tornado warning, but I just thought I'd share my adventure for today.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm glad you enjoy tornado warnings... :) That does sound like it would be lots of fun to run around in that rain though!

Jeff Corry said...

I bet Wisconsin rain and Tornadoes are a lot like Oklahoma rain and Tornadoes...
I love them. (well...)
Lots of crazy fun!