Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Good Quote

Now generally I think psychology is a bunch of crock and yet I have a degree in it, so go figure. However, I came across this quote just now and it's by Carl Rogers (a psychologist).

"One of the most satisfying experiences I know is fully to appreciate an individual in the same way I appreciate a sunset. When I look at a sunset...I don't find myself saying, 'Soften the orange a little more on the right hand corner, and put a bit more purple along the base, and use a little more pink in the cloud color...' I don't try to control a sunset. I watch it with awe as it unfolds"

I think I wouldn't have appreciated this quote as much as I do if I hadn't had a rather interesting night with Brian. For personal reasons, I'll skip the juicy details, but this quote kind of sums up how I saw things in the end. In some ways this quote is starting to apply how I view myself as well :) . I realized tonight that just talking about something that i struggle with, even if there isn't a final resolution, helps immensely! Why does it take me forever to realize these "duh" things that everyone else seems to know?

Anyway, I just really wanted to share that quote which is why i wrote this entry :)

No comments: