Thursday, August 7, 2008

Soundtrack to my Life

Ok so I've done this before on myspace, but I got tagged so I'm doing it again. This one took quite a lot more time than I thought, but if you're bored like me, then go for it.

a.) Put your itunes on shuffle
b.) Hit next to answer each question (no cheating!!!!!!)
c.) Post a line or two from each song (unless its instrumental) and why you picked that line for the category (optional).


1.) Opening Credits: "Girls Like Me"-Kellie Pickler
"I might be afraid to fall but I've still got a dream" - I am petrified always of the life I'm leading right now, but I know its exactly where I am supposed to be. Its kind of the story of my life right now, good for an opening song of a movie

2.) Waking Up Scene: "I Know You Won't"-Carrie Underwood
"I'll say I'm done, and then you smile at me, and I'll forget everything I said" -I always wake up making big plans, and then something happens and I always forget everything I was planning on doing ha ha

3.) Car Driving Scene: "Stupid Boy"-Keith Urban (my my we're on a country kick)
"It took a while for her to figure out she could run, but when she did, she was long gone"-I played this song when I was leaving Utah a lot (so it was by plane, not car, whatever ha ha), because to me, Utah was sort of the stupid boy. There was so much there for me and so much history but I had to move on with my life. (I love you all still there for the record)

4.) High School Flashback Scene: "Perfect"-Simple Plan
"Now it's just too late, and we can't go back, I'm sorry I can't be perfect"-I have one regret from high school, and that is turning down the boy who asked me to prom my senior year. He wasn't someone I hung out with often, but a few years later he confessed to me that it took all his courage to ask me and he liked me practically forever. I wish I would have said yes and not been such a beast towards him because in retrospect he's one of the greatest guys I've ever known.

5.)Nostalgic Scene: "Should've Said No" -Taylor Swift
"It's strange to think the songs we used to sing, the smiles, the flowers, everything is gone"-I miss the "Old HOPE Days" as we often refer to them. The nights of playing Disney Scene It, Pimp Lando marathons (thanks Billy!), watching Mystery Science Theatre 3000, and of course HOPE singing 24/7. Thanks to everyone who was part of those "Old HOPE Days"...you made my life more amazing than I ever thought possible!

6.) Bitter, Angry Scene "Behind These Hazel Eyes"-Kelly Clarkson (not kidding, how perfect)
"Broken up, deep inside, but you won't get to see the tears I cry, behind these hazel eyes"-This actually was my break-up CD when Stephen and I broke up (I have one for every serious relationship that ends). I tend to say my eyes are hazel cause I have no clue what color they really are so this was always my 'bitter song' as I called it during those post-Stephen days

7.) Break-up Scene: "Praying to the Wrong God" -Jon McLaughlin
"So I'm praying to keep me from breaking, from being another loser helpless at her side"-Uh, I never have really listened to this song and honestly I just thought these lyrics were hilarious and sort of break-uppy

8.) Regret Scene: "How Far"-Martina McBride
"Keep on giving, go on living with the way things are" -I try not to live my life with regrets because it doesn't change anything really...you learn from all experiences.

9.) Nightclub/Bar Scene: "Like a Knife"-Secondhand Serenade
"Goodbyes are meant from lonely people standing in the rain, and no matter where I go It's always pouring all the same" -Doesn't that just sound like something playing during a depressive bar scene post-break up in a movie?

10.) Fight/Action Scene: "Dancing Through Life"-Wicked
"Dancing through life, swaying and sweeping, and always keeping cool" -yes because in my life my fight scene would be a dance sequence...think West Side Story!

11.) Sad/Breakdown Scene: "Why"-Secondhand Serenade
"A frozen line, a single tear is harder than I ever feared" - it just seemed fitting

12.) Death Scene: "Beautiful"-Maren Ord
"If you could open up your eyes and see the color of my tears, they're not that grey, they're not that blue, they're beautiful" -I want people to cry happy tears when I die from me having lived a good and productive life.

13.) Funeral Scene: "Bessie"-Randy Newman (from Cars soundtrack) -no lyrics but thats kind of hilarious haha

14.) Dreaming About Someone Scene: "I Melt"-Rascal Flatts
"I Melt, every time you look at me that way" -I do melt a little when I think about things about the person I'm dating ha ha ha

15.) Sex Scene: "I Can Love You Like That" John Michael Montgomery (awkward)
"I'm no Casanova" I'm not going to explain this ha ha

16.) Contemplation Scene: "Every Time I Hear Your Name" -Keith Anderson (for the record, every time I hear this song I think of Devon and I cuddling on the couch watching football and having Billy walk in wearing cowboy garb having been making a video for Schmem...and him chasing her family's red car on the video ha ha...two shout outs to the Billy in one survey...go you)
"But when I hear your name I feel rain falling right out of the blue sky, and its the fifth of May, and I'm right there staring in your eyes" -its always good to contemplate things like this I think

17.) Chase Scene: "The More Boys I Meet"-Carrie Underwood
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-ummm dogs chase cars! good reason

18.) Happy Love Scene: "Thats How You Know"-Enchanted Soundtrack
"Everybody wants to live happily ever after, everybody wants to know their true love is true..." I LOVE this song ha ha its a song about love, all the words work

19.) Happy friend Scene: "Cowboy Take Me Away"-Dixie Chicks
"I wanna touch the earth, I wanna break it in my hands, I wanna grow something wild and unruly" -This makes me think of when we tried to garden at my old house, it was fun to do as roomies in the good old days

20.) Closing Credits: "When the Sand Runs Out"-Rascal Flatts (how perfect)
"I'm gonna stop looking back and start moving on, and learn how to face my fears. Love with all of my heart, make my mark, I wanna leave something here."-This just sounds like lessons you would learn at the end of the movie or something ha ha so it works.

No comments: