Sunday, December 7, 2008

Aprons and a Snowman!

I've been meaning to blog about this for a week or so, but due to life being crazy for a variety of reasons, I have been behind.

First off, I finished my apron for the Sassy Apron Swap this time around and I liked how mine turned out. My mom ended up helping me a ton again (thanks mom!) but it also was the most complicated apron I've done thusfar. My partner wanted a vintage apron, and this is what I came up with (the picture really doesn't do it justice for the record). Oh and the fabric had gold as the trim for everything so that's why I chose gold rick-rack to add some pizazz. I hope my partner likes it!






My mom's partner just wanted something Christmas related so she had free reign to do whatever. Seeing that my mom is the applique queen she came up with the cutest apron again. I love her stuff!



So then I got my package for the swap from Shawnee and I got the cutest gingerbread apron (my picture definitely doesn't do this justice) with many gingerbread goodies like gingerbread stickers and a stamp, yummy lotion I've been using non-stop, scissors that are a gingerbread man (so cute!) and the gingerbread baby friend's book. Most of you know why i LOVE gingerbread men, so this was like so awesome I cried. Here is a picture of my way super cute apron I got (I couldn't get a self portrait to work ha ha so my door is modeling it).



I can't wait to wear this while baking Christmas cookies! Thanks again for the awesome package...I love it and sorry I didn't get to thank you sooner!

So then last Sunday we got a ton of snow, and it was the wet stuff that is perfect snowman snow. I decided to text Brian telling him I wanted to build a snowman, not thinking he would really come over, but he did! And we built a giant snowman taller than me. His name is Marshall and he is still just as tall as he was the day we rolled him up. We had to be creative for face things, so his nose was a small orange, and his eyes and mouth were buttons. Here is our family picture ha ha:



Then to top it off Brian helped me shovel my driveway and sidewalk so my dad wouldn't have to snowplow. What a great guy :)

3 comments:

Mikelle and Ben said...

Yay for snow! We still don't have any here in Salt Lake and it doesn't feel like Christmas without it! I love your snowman!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

How fun! Looks like you are keeping busy! I should show your cute aprons to my 8th graders. They are making double sided aprons right now (really simple pattern), and they would be in awe over your masterpieces!

Judy said...

Your aprons are way cute. It looks like you got quite a bit of snow. Your snowman looks great, I wish I could make one again, it has been so long.