Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Looking back on 2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Got my driver's license, bought a car, graduated college, and rode the sky glider at the state fair (three or four times, the number is a little hazy).

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No I did NOT keep my new years resolutions from last year, and I will make more for next year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Hmmm actually no, but a few close friends got pregnant :)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?
Utah, if you count it as a separate country. Seriously you should need a passport to visit there (no offense, but it is quite a different culture).

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A full time job with benefits.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 23. Word. Best day ever. I met Brian :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating college (finally) with two Bachelor of Science Degrees.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I slid my car down a hill sideways in the icy storm.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Uh tonsilitis I think 9 times total, maybe only 8.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My PT Cruiser, woot!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Steve's. He finally took the plunge and married the lovely Lindsey Lou. We all know how hard it was for him. Yay Steve!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own...honestly...bleah.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Student loan and car payments.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to the Kalahari with Brian!

16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
2003? Do they mean 2008? Either way, I'll give a song for both.

2003-"Accidentally in Love" Counting Crows.
2008-"I Will Show You Love" Kendall Payne

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?

WAY Happier. I'm graduated, dating the best guy EVER, and living in Wisconsin. I don't say that to bash Utah, utah is a grand place, I just missed my family a lot.

ii. thinner or fatter?

Thinner by 10 pounds.

iii. richer or poorer?

Poorer...sad...I graduated college and I"m poorer than I was to begin with.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Hung out with my friends in Cedar before I left.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating crap food.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
I spent the morning at my house opening presents, the afternoon and evening at Brian's house racing cars with his nephew and reading about dinosaurs (and subsequently learning I can't pronounce their names), and then the night at my parent's house with Brian.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I sure did :)

23. How many one-night stands?
One, but it was just a one night make-out.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Gossip Girl

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yeah I do, but not hate, just intense dislike.

26. What was the best book you read?
Breaking Dawn...sad that that was the best book. I need to read more.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kendall Payne, seriously, love that girl's music. Or Katie Armiger.

28. What did you want and get?
A Wii.

29. What did you want and not get?
a full-time job with benefits.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Juno or Enchanted.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent it at my parent's house, then watched the flood in downtown Waukesha, and then went to Bill's

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A Full-time job with benefits.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
GAP. All my clothes are now from there...sad.

34. What kept you sane?
Brian!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
the girl who plays Blair on Gossip Girl. Only because I want to be able to dress like she does on the show ha ha and I want to look like her...seriously.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop 8 (way after it was over...sorry for those who were affected by my ignorance on the issue)

37. Who did you miss?
My Utahns

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Brian!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That in the end, it will surprise you who your true friends are. And I have great friends. And a great boyfriend too.

No comments: