Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Just Couldn't Stay Away...

I keep forgetting to blog about some sort of big news! As of August 31st I will be a college student once more! I mean having 2 bachelor of science degrees just wasn't enough for me. I am going to be in a post bachelors certificate program in dietetics at Mount Mary College. I am so excited because although it means I'll be in school for forever, at the end I can take the RD exam and then become a Registered Dietitian, which is pretty much my dream job. I am stoked, and I'm also very grateful for Brian who is totally supportive of this. He thinks he'll get more work done now, but little does he know that my school being less than 30 blocks away from his office means I'll be using his conference room as my own personal library. Just kidding babe...or am I? I feel grateful that I have such a great college nearby that I can attend, as Mount Mary has a reputation of being an amazing school. In retrospect I should have listened to my mother who told me to go there when I was 18, but hey I needed to get out of Wisconsin to experience life.

Mount Mary is a small catholic women's college in Milwaukee, and it actually is a pretty campus. The best part is the mascot...first I was a Viterbo Hawk (a v-hawk if you will), then I was a Thunderbird at SUU and now I am a Blue Angel (and no, not like the airplane, we're talking real angels). Hell yeah, best mascot ever. I couldn't find a picture online besides this one of the logo but seriously you all need to just sit there and laugh about the fact I will be a Blue Angel.

(courtesy of the Mount Mary Website).

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this adventure will go. My first semester I have 12 credits, which is the smallest course load I have ever taken. I'll have:

-The Profession of Dietetics
-Principles of Management
-Organic and Biochemistry (ok let's talk about how at SUU you have to take 2 semesters of O-chem to take the one semester of bio chem, and at Mount Mary it's all only one semester ha ha, well unless you want to go onto grad school).
-Yoga (I have to be full time and my required classes only equal 8 credits)
-Spanish 101 (again, I had 3 free credits and I figured it probably is in my best interest job wise to learn spanish)

It should be exciting to see how this all plays out, but my goal is to get a 4.0! I'm seriously hoping that my trip to vegas/utah for a week in October won't affect my classes that much, but I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

6 comments:

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Congrats! I, too, am addicted to school! That sounds so exciting!!!

Judy said...

Good luck! That is cool that you're going to be a registered dietitian.

Lindsey said...

wahoola!! :)
I'm super excited for you!
Go Blue Angels... :D

Heidi said...

Way to go girl! You are much mor ambitious about school than I ever have been. Good for you!

Mikelle and Ben said...

Wow that is awesome! I bet you'll enjoy being an R.D. It sounds really fun!!! Congrats!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

WOO HOO!!! Go Stacey! That is awesome! I am way excited for you! You will do great!