Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I won't be a Blue Angel afterall...

So like two posts ago I said I was going back to school in the fall, and unfortunately that isn't the case anymore. I didn't get any federal financial aid due to the fact I already have 2 bachelor degrees and very little assets. I would have to take out $60,000 in private loans to pay my tuition for the 3 years, and after factoring in interest (for a grand sum of $50,000) I would then be over $100,000 in debt. So, I decided that it wasn't really worth 100 grand to get the dietetics certificate, especially when the ADA is considering requiring you to have a masters degree before taking the RD exam.

Someone told me today that I should just be grateful I am able to live the life I have and that I'm healthy, not living off the government and food stamps like so many unemployed/underemployed people, and I have a family and boyfriend that love me. I have to agree with that, so for now I'm going to be grateful for all I do have.

2 comments:

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Private loans should be avoided at all costs :-) That's ok, keep up the good work! The fact that you have ambitions at all speaks volumes! Don't worry, it will fall into place. I have faith in you!

Judy said...

Wow that is a lot of money. I'm sure you'll get things figured out eventually.